Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Urban Decay Autumn /Winter launch, Sheffield



On Tuesday 13th March 2013 (yesterday) I attended Urban Decay's Autumn/ Winter new product launch in Sheffield. The event started at 6.30pm, I was greeted by 3 very lovely ladies on the Urban Decay counter offering me a drink, yummy cupcake and a goodie bag which included a free Urban Decay makeover, new makeup samples, mini perfume testers and a complimentary facial from Origins. Apart from myself, there were five other ladies there for the wonderful event, all of us eager to see the new collection and ready to learn some makeup tips and tricks! 

As the event began we all took a seat as Urban Decay's Katie and Sarah spoke to us about all the new products! An impressive 22 new Revolution lipstick colours, 16 shades of 24/7 glide on new lip pencils, an anti-aging eyeshadow primer potion, a B6 vitamin-infused complexion prep spray, a newly designed eyebrow box and 2 gorgeous new metallic nail colours have all been launched this A/W! 

We were all shown how to create a bold makeup look from the beginning on a beautiful model. Firstly the new B6 vitamin-infused complexion prep spray was used on her face to minimise pores, reduce redness and provide vitamins for the skin. The anti-aging eyeshadow primer potion was then applied as a base on the eyelid proven to minimise the appearance of wrinkles in 8 weeks and to help maintain eye makeup for 24 hours vibrant and crease free. We were then shown how to create the perfect smoky eye using the Smoked palette, using the colours Kinky, Rockstar and Blackout. Her base was then applied using the Naked foundation and then the Naked Flushed palette consisting of bronzer, highlighter and blush which were used to contour the cheeks. The look was completed by using a new 24/7 lip pencil and Revolution lipstick in the colour Anarchy which looked amazing! After we were shown how to create this bold look we looked at the new products in more detail, I was extremely impressed especially by the new lip colours ranging from the lightest of pinks to a deep purple! Katie created a smoky eye look on myself which I loved, so much so that I didn't want to take it off when I got home! Thankfully I bought myself the Smoked palette during the event as I loved it that much and I can't wait to start using it!

We were all given a raffle ticket upon arrival to win a secret prize which was really exciting, so when my number was called out as one of the two winners I couldn't believe my luck, I never win anything! I was so excited! My prize was a lovely gift bag filled with lilac tissue paper displaying two gorgeous eyeshadow shades Virgin and YDK, a 24/7 glide on eye pencil in Bourbon, eyeshadow primer potion in Greed and bareMinerals purifying facial cleanser. I'm going to write a post on these goodies soon so watch this space!!

I had such a wonderful time at the Urban Decay event, the staff were extremely helpful and so lovely, I can't thank them enough!! I'm looking forward to using all of my new gorgeous makeup and I'm already eyeing up a few shades of the new Revolution lipsticks and 24/7 lip pencils!

Have any of you seen the new Urban Decay A/W collection? 

No comments:

Post a Comment